In general people miss at least 50% of the deception that happens right in front of them. Trained investigators tend to be even less accurate! Typically we miss deception for one or more reasons (1 we are looking for signs that are in fact myths, (2 we don’t know about and therefore miss the reliable signs or (3 we have already developed a pre-conception about the person’s honesty. This course will provide you with the tools you need to do a better job at spotting when the subject of an interview is possibly be deceptive about an important issue. Whether you are an investigator, a business-person, a consumer, just want to better understand deception or just do better at spotting lie cues, then this course is for you!
Approximately 3 hours.
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing the course, the learners will be able to:
- Understand why we miss the signs of deception.
- Understand the two types of deception.
- Why people are motivated to deceive.
- Avoid falling victim to the myths about the lie signs.
- Recognize the possible verbal and nonverbal cues to deceit.
Want to HOST a course? Let's Talk!